Driven Developer with 7 years of proven success designing and implementing database, cloud architecture and application solutions. Analytical and skilled in understanding business problems to develop systems that improve functionality. Talented at working effectively in collaborative and self-motivated environments.
An Android native app developed to keep tabs on your favorite wines
A collection of my jupter notebooks.
These notebooks are used to cover topics in my blog and various tutorials
Utalizing R and R Shiny I built an app to calulcate monthly payments
Containerized web app developed in Python / Flask.
Digi Reci is a UI based machine learning model training and testing web application
Containerized web app developed in Python / Flask.
Morsey is a modern UI web app that handles encoding and decoding morse code message
My public repositories of Tableau reports
PowerBi report featuring dynamic image urls and dimension filtering
A sponsored challenge by me for a local data science club meetup
My ranking and completions on Kaggle, data science community website
A node JS app hosted on a AWS vm, simple CRUD operations for the best dad jokes
A list of my publications at MSSQLtips.com
Skills & Proficiency
Amazon Web Services
HTML & CSS
MVC / Entity Framework
AWS Rest Gateway API
Aflac is the world leader in supplemental insurance offerings. My role is in digital services / efficiency pillar IT sector of the company. Involved in large scale data ETL pipeline development database and cloud architecture, embedded in various projects as a tech lead.
- Mapped data between source systems and warehouses.
- Selected methods and criteria for warehouse data evaluation procedures.
- Collaborated with multi-functional roles to communicate and align development efforts.
- Documented data warehouse architecture to guarantee capacity met current and forecasted needs.
- Verified performance and reliability of development database transformation solutions via extensive simulation testing.
- Interpreted data models for conversion into ETL diagrams and code.
- Utilized AWS cloud technology to achieve development goals
MSSQLTips.com is a very popular authority in the SQL and analytics community. Millions of people view there technical documentation each month to learn and get unstuck from technology problems. My role is to develop interesting usecases for a particular technology and develop a easily digestible write up detailing how to implement that topic.
- Communicated with editorial team on authored topics
- Documented complex technical issues into clear concise and reapeatable steps of logical operation
- Brainstormed interesting writing topics ranging from SQL, Python, Business Intelligence, Data Science and Web development with scopes of common issues to niche specific.
At MCSD I have my hands on dozens of projects after the school board approves a software solution generally my involvements begins by implementing all data needs. Also I was involved with front end app development utilizing .Net, entity frame work and MVC.
- Designed and maintained databases for district applications, custom reporting and execution logging purposes
- Managed district Operational Data Store (ODS) warehouse
- Designed and published Common Language Run time assemblies to SQL Server containing data science models to predict student progress / risks / grades
- Created Integration scripts (SQL, Python, VB, C#) and processes for data integration and maintenance
- Utilized rest APIs to load, update and delete district data from vendor API endpoints
- Designed MVC web applications for school district projects
- Developed SSIS Integration packages to output student and employee data files for vendor integration
- Designed and published SSRS reports for business units to display production data, grades and report cards
- Setup and maintained source control for mission critical databases through (TFSC) team foundation source control
- Built business intelligence dashboards in PowerBi and Tableau to display student KPIs
My role at Thinkful is as a remote mentor to students who enroll in the data analytics track. I code review, strategize and help students get unstuck in course content and programming assignments.
- Assisted students of all ability levels to develop technical skills
- Advised students on thinkful curriculum in 1 on 1 meetings
- Applied advanced teaching techniques to facilitate learning of concepts and principals in programming
At TSYS I spent time in the fraud analytics department generating Tableau reports for clients. Additionally I worked with a team of DBA’s to manage and create SSRS reports.
- Optimized queries and manipulated database objects to improve SQL instance performance
- Built, debugged and customized reporting solutions
- Scheduled database jobs utilizing the SSMS Job agent
- Developed data architecture to perform targeted customer analysis
At Aflac I was part of the resource planning team, my role included automating reports and documenting work process with the business analysts.
- Gathered data and created reports for department directors
- Maintained data integrity as for SLA reporting
- Gathered and documenting business requirements
- Developed scripts for DB2 databases reporting needs